If you live in Alberta it’s likely you’ve heard the phrase, ‘the Alberta Advantage’. Living in this vibrant prairie province in Western Canada has its advantages, especially if you are an entrepreneur or small business owner.
If you have decided to use crowdfunding to seed your business, you have made a strategic decision to trust and empower yourself. Awesome!
There are a lot of ideas you can gain from those who have already succeeded. Study the campaigns that have been ‘boosted’. Email or call a few of these business owners to ask for their advice or suggestions. Create a descriptive, authentic story about you and your business, and get help if you need it.
Firstly, your rewards must be enticing and desirable to someone who is interested or intrigued by what you plan to do. Ask friends if they would be motivated by them. Establish a plan for connecting and building a community and following it throughout your campaign. And most of all, decide to have fun with this. Crowdfunding is a unique opportunity to share yourself and announce your ideas to the world. Let your confidence shine!
Regardless of whether your business is strictly local or it has a global reach, your ability to share your vision, excitement and your ideas from the get-go will have a direct effect on your campaign’s success.
So, where do you start? The easy ‘go to’ is family, friends and customers. Ask them to support you first. Then ask them to help you spread the word and share your campaign with their networks and contacts. It is then up to you to provide them with shareable content. Here are some ideas to help you get creative.
- Pre-plan daily social media mini-messages about interesting angles and ways that your product/service could add value to others – (you probably have a ton of market research to draw from).
- Develop new rewards mid campaign that build even more excitement and anticipation – ask questions and listen to what others say would inspire or motivate them to support you and your business idea.
- Ask your network to help you stay current with local news, community events, or media personnel for relevant opportunities to be a part of the community goings on. Show up!
Running a successful campaign will keep you busy and your mind alert. Even though you can’t control the outcome – you have a lot of control over how actively you put your time, passion, and energy into helping people want to invest in you. Being consistent and persistent could make all the difference in the world. You can do this!!
Other ideas for launching your campaign with a bang:
- Host a campaign launch event, inviting your immediate network and best customers to share your campaign, ideas and the great rewards
- Make rewards exclusive or time sensitive to build urgency
- Create a campaign video to get your message across
- Have a marketing plan in place to help things run like a well-oiled machine
Ready to get started? Learn how to start a crowdfunding campaign with Alberta BoostR or browse other campaigns to see what’s going on.