Do you love Alberta? More importantly, do you love, and are passionate about local businesses in Alberta? Are you the go-to person when it comes to recommending a hidden local gem – because you’ve “been to them all”? As the Alberta BoostR Community Manager, you’ll be out and about engaging with the community, coaching businesses on Alberta BoostR’s crowdfunding platform, and will be the face for local people supporting local businesses within the community you will help to build. The Community Manager is driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with juggling awesomeness online and offline. Everything from arranging tweetups and planning events, to content creation and social media engagement – all with the aim to build a passionate community of online BoostR’s (funders)! Oh, and by the way…this is a part-time position with flexible hours and this is a paid internship – enticing, isn’t it?
- If “driven” is a word you would use to describe yourself, “drive” that resume right to our doorstep. (Not literally)
- You are a social connector that is out in the masses spreading the good word about the many things to spread the good word about. And that’s how people know you.
- You reside in Alberta (preferably Calgary) and consider yourself a local enthusiast.
- Working by yourself is fun and all, but you are truly fueled by working in a team environment.
- You are in your final years of College/University (or have recently graduated) and are looking to launch your career with a huge splash.
Working closely with the Innovation Consultant you will:
- Conceptualize, plan and execute cool, fun and buzz-worthy local events
- Work with SME’s in Alberta
- Adventure is the game, and socializing is the fun. You will be out and about, getting known, and being known for your friendly authentic presence.
- Create content such as newsletters and blogs for your community to read, and take action on.
- Engage, inspire, and ignite people through online engagement to cultivate the power of local people supporting local businesses.
- Report engagement metrics.
- Post-secondary education (or close to graduating)
- Experience with social networking (online and offline), and event planning
Ready to apply? Submit the following to email@example.com by December 2nd at 5:00pm MST, with the subject: I’M YOUR INTERN!
- Cover letter showcasing your writing skills, personality, and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience
- Links to your forever growing social media profiles
- Something creative – dare to be different, bold, and FUN! 🙂